gussied up: guest host: andrea from style my way

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

guest host: andrea from style my way







Hey everyone! I'm Andrea of Style My Way, I am thrilled to be here on Gussied Up today! I met Caitlin during Kansas City Fashion Week and we clicked right away! It's so great to meet other bloggers like her who share similar style philosophies. She has such great personal style, and so many styling tips to share with her readers, and I love that Caitlin wanted to team up! I am so excited to share my personal style with all of you.

Style My Way is a blog that I started in 2010 after attending the Metropolitan Museum of Art’s American Woman: Fashioning a National Identity exhibit. This costume exhibit explored women’s fashion between 1890 and 1940, setting in motion the evolution of “today’s American woman.” The takeaway: How far have we as women removed ourselves from the ability to dress? From there, I explored the digress of women's fashion, in my personal opinion, and decided to stop talking the talk and start walking the walk!  
I turned this into a personal style blog that catalogs my daily almost daily outfits and how we as women can still be stylish while running errands, stopping for coffee, or sitting in the carpool lane. I also want to show woman how we, including me, can stay relevant, stylish, and trendy and still be a 40 year old mom!  

This is one of my favorite looks for a casual day. I am all about a cute little dress in the spring, especially one with stripes. (Check out another way I styled it here.) This look was perfect for lunch with my hubby and son before hitting the mall. Because it was a tad chilly last Friday, I threw on a denim jacket which is one of my favorite wardrobe staples. To complete the look I added loads of gold bangles, cute flats, and a bright pink lip. Since I'm no longer sporting a diaper bag, this cross-body bag is a chic way of carrying all of M's three year old essentials in addition to holding all of mine. 

 Thanks to Caitlin for letting me hang at Gussied Up today and thank you to you guys for stopping by. Have questions regarding your personal style? Check out my services under the Closet Consult page! I would love to answer all you styling questions!
 Happy Stylings!
Andrea

 Follow me on FacebookInstagramTwitter, and Pinterest

Denim Jacket: Vintage (similar); Dress: J.Crew (similar); Sandals: Target (similar); Belt: Ann Taylor; Bag: Steve Madden (similar); Necklace: Gorjana (gift); Bracelets: J.Crew/BaubleBar/Ralph Lauren; Shades: MARC by Marc Jacobs

No comments :