gussied up: military casual

Thursday, February 21, 2013

military casual






                         





military jacket: BCBG Max Azria (old) similar here | blouse: BCBG Maz Azria (old) but similar here | jeans: Target but similar here | scarf: J.Crew factory but similar here | heels: Seychelles (old) but similar here | purse: J.Crew | sunnies: Ralph | ring: vintage but similar here

This outfit is probably going to be a go to look for me, from now on. I wore it a few weeks ago on a chilly snowy day, similar to today, except it's dumping snow like crazy today! I love the femininity of this top paired with the structured military toughness of this jacket, and yet so comfortable to wear. I added the scarf, pumps and cross body bag for edginess and ease. P.S. this bag is a definite favorite of mine. If you've ever wondered about buying the J.Crew Brompton hobo, I highly recommend it. The cross body strap makes it easy to carry, for a day full of shopping, yet the short straps have enough room, to stay on your shoulder. 

What's your favorite go to look on a chilly day?

xo,
cait

1 comment :

Rachel F said...

Caitlin, I love your blog! I also love the outfits, especially the most recent one. I'm also ready to go buy one of those purses! Enjoy the snow! It snowed in Tulsa yesterday, but storms came in overnight and melted a lot of it.

My favorite go-to look on a day like today is a cute sweater, a classic pea coat, and boots with skinny jeans! Makes me feel comfy-cozy! :-)