gussied up: the big apple

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

the big apple















Talk about an amazing city. I fell in love with this city when I was 14 years old when I ventured through it all with my mom, the summer before high school. It was the most amazing time filled with sight seeing to shopping. So I was elated when my in-laws invited me to tag along with them on a trip to NYC with my sister-in-laws conference.

We started with NY styled pizza, Central Park, and ended our first day with a Broadway show and Times Square. Our second day started with a ferry ride to see the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island, on to the 9/11 memorial (which was beautiful and humbling), and then ended with a carriage ride around Central Park. Our third day was filled with shopping on Madison Ave. then onto Rockefeller Center with more shopping and meeting up with some amazing friends that drove in from Maryland. We made a trip back to Times Square and then headed to the Empire State building to the observation deck - the view of the city was beautiful. and went to dinner at a great place around the corner from our hotel. Our last day was shopping at Columbus Circle then on to the Love Statue (my bucket list) and then back home.

It was an amazing trip. The time flew by quick, but every minute was cherished. It's a city that makes me dream and want more. I can't wait to plan my next trip. What city inspires you?

xo,
cait

1 comment :

Lauren said...

Awesome pictures of NY! I've never been but always wanted to go. I am glad you had a fabulous time :) xo