gussied up: you can take the girl out of oklahoma...

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

you can take the girl out of oklahoma...







top: J.Crew | skirt: J.Crew | sandals: Target | sunnies: Ralph | watch: Michael Kors | bracelet: Stella and Dot
necklace: Etsy 

"But you can't take the Oklahoma out of the girl."  Yes, I do live in Kansas City, and I absolutely love it! But, there is nothing like being back in OK. The rich sunsets of warm oranges mixed with cool blues, the whistling wind that's always blowing. It's a great place to be to recharge and gain perspective.

Kev and I made a trip back to OK to visit his family for Easter, and a family baby shower for Kevin's cousin Julie. We had a blast cooking and getting ready for the shower. It was a wonderful time to see everyone.

On the way into OK, I joking asked Kev about doing a photo shoot at the Oklahoma sign, and he loved the idea! I was so excited / nervous about hopin' out on the side of the highway. But, it was exhilarating and a lot of fun! I mean, what Oklahoman doesn't want to take a pic with this sign every time they drive by. haha.

So back to the outfit, the top I loved! J.Crew was having one their 40% sale promos going on, and a girlfriend told me she had ordered this top, and I had been thinking about it, so I ordered it too. Then we got them on the same night, and ended up wearing to work on the same day! This skirt is a great piece that I would love in any color! It's an easy piece that you can wear basically anywhere.

What regenerates you, and gets your mind back on track?

xo,
cait




2 comments :

Lauren said...

These are such cute photos Cait! Sounds like you had a great time in OK. I love that your posing beside the sign ;)

Such a cute shirt! Isn't it always funny when you and someone wear the same thing? My best friend and I often get together and realize we're wearing very similar things. It's too funny.

Anyways, I adore this outfit! Such a nice casual outfit that still looks dolled up. What regenerates me? Hmm, is it bad to say I'm not sure? xo

Unknown said...

Love this outfit :)

http://findingmyinspiration.blogspot.com/